Tuesday, December 1, 2009

double standards

If anyone saw the AMA’s or clips of the AMA's you know the controversy was regarding Adam Lambert’s very sexual performance. In this case there was male on male kissing and imitation of sexual acts on the stage. His argument from my understanding was based upon if it was a female performer doing this would it be questioned? At this point does the entertainment industry take things too far sexually, my answer would be yes. I think in this case that if it was a female singer’s performance people would not have made such a big deal about the issue. I think of certain celebrities that wear almost no clothing on stage and are very provocative and no one has any major problem with their actions. In our society I don’t think being gay or male should make your actions judged differently but sadly they are. I’m not saying I agree with his choice of performance but I think it is a double standard. If you want to eliminate sexual content from one person’s performance on television then it needs to be drawn across the board that entertainers need to clean up their acts. I don’t think they will do that, let’s be honest sex sells. If the entertainment industry is willing to exploit that fact to draw an audience base then they need to be willing to accept the consequences of that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment